Fossil Hominids: On the Fringe
Human evolution being a subject of wide general interest,
crackpots seem to be drawn to it like flies to honey. Here are a
few examples which can be found on the web.
and Paleo-Anthropology and The
- Phrenology is the pseudoscience, popular in the 19th
century, which tried to determine personality traits from
the shape of the skull. These pages apply phrenological
principles to the study of Homo erectus skulls.
- Androgens in Human Evolution
- Claims that DHEA is a crucial factor in human evolution,
the evolution of eukaryotes, male homosexuality,
migraine, La Tourette's Syndrome, SIDS, AIDS, sleep
disorders, breast cancer, schizophrenia, and heaven knows
- Are scientists
afraid of Ed Conrad?
- A noted talk.origins net.kook, Ed
Conrad has spent the last 15 years trying to persuade
people that his collection of funny shaped rocks are
actually human fossils. (Andrew MacRae and others have
rebuttals of these claims.)
- This website argues that male homosexuality was
responsible for the evolution of humanity.
= Nephilim? Carbon 14 Dating?
- Could Neandertals be the Nephilim mentioned
in the Bible (Genesis 6:4)? Find out here.
- Homo Summatros
- Humanity is about to take its next evolutionary leap
forward, and (surprise!) it just so happens that the
author of this book is one of the new people.
you know is wrong: Book One: Human Origins
- This book by Lloyd Pye argues that all of the
"hominid" fossils are upright-walking primates,
better known under such names as the Yeti and Bigfoot.
62: the Dawn Races of Early Man
- Some fantasy about human evolution from the Urantia Book.
- Center for the Study of Initial Bipedalism
- Argues that humans evolved from a primitive marine mammal.
This page is part of the Fossil Hominids FAQ at
the talk.origins Archive.
Home Page |
What's New |
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/homs/cranks.html, 31 Aug 2015
Copyright © Jim Foley
|| Email me